When You Should Consider Our Design Service
As a general rule you should use our design service when you're concerned about getting an accurate estimate. Without taking the time to design your project upfront it's very difficult to estimate the amount of work involved in order to create an accurate estimate.
Building your custom kiosk software without a design would be like trying to build a custom home without a blueprint. The developer would need a lot more than a general description of your dream home and the same is true when it comes to building your custom kiosk software.
The level of design is completely up to you, but we typically recommend spending anywhere between 2-5 days in planning with one of our design engineers depending on the complexity of your project.
What Our Design Service Includes for NO EXTRA CHARGE
Our design service simply takes the design work that we would already be doing right before starting development and frontloads it before we create an estimate.
There is no extra charge for our design service since the work would be done anyways, but you do need to pay for it before we can give you an estimate.
Front-load planning to ensure a more accurate estimate:
- Create a high-level overview of your project
- Identify your goals and requirements
- Determine your objectives for measuring success
- Uncover any risks or unknown variables
- Mockup the user interface so you know what every screen looks like
- Create "user stories" to identify how your customers will use your kiosk
- Plan your reporting and notifications so you can monitor your kiosks
We'll create documented deliverables so you'll know what to expect:
- User interface mockups
- Touch-friendly user interface design
- A plan to handle future growth
- Phased approach to get you to market sooner
- A proposal you can present to management
- Because you own the deliverables you can always take them to another development firm